Staphylococcus aureus Incidence in Some Patients with a Topic Dermatitis in Baghdad City

  • Hadeel H. Kadhum Zainab H. Abood


This study was planned to evaluate the incidence of Staphylococcus aureus in cases of atopic dermatitis in Iraq. This study included taking 150 samples of Atopic Dermatitis (AD) instances in total. Patients Suspected infected with Staphylococcus aureus, all isolates were subjected to primary identification tests by using various methods (cultural characteristic, gram staining, biochemical tests, vitek2 system, and molecular methods (PCR). Only 54 sample (36% isolates) were given the typical biochemical tests and characteristics of morphology that is specific to staphylococcus aureus, while the other 96 clinical (64 % isolates) belong to other species of staphylococci or other pathogenic bacteria and fungi. As these (54) samples contained the (mecA) gene, which is the diagnostic gene for the staph aureus bacteria in this study. It was concluded Staphylococcus aureus infection is positively correlated with atopic dermatitis cases.